The world came to a standstill in 2020 as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak, which caused a global pandemic. As schools and other educational facilities were closed to stop the virus’s spread, the pandemic exposed flaws in our educational system that had gone unnoticed. It showed the shortcomings of the conventional chalk-and-board technique and the need for a more adaptable and robust strategy in our educational system.
A survey found that the majority of this educational crisis was being experienced by about 1.2 billion children worldwide. Teaching and learning were severely impacted, and online approaches are now more important than traditional ones. The educational system underwent a significant transition as a result of e-learning, online study, and other digital platforms. The pandemic made us understand that we must embrace a technology-driven setup and that it is urgently necessary to integrate technology into the educational system.
- The function of online learning: Online study is a type of education that is computer-supported and depends on the internet for communication between teachers and students as well as for the delivery of course materials. Online learning used to be a minor component of distance learning programs, but as technology has advanced and the pandemic has continued, it has become more commonplace—if not a necessity.
- Education should not be sacrificed at any cost since it is crucial: Many schools were still able to educate their kids via online learning even throughout the COVID-19 problem, and the practice is still in place. Think about what might have happened to the educational system if internet learning wasn’t available. Despite the pandemic, we can maintain the quality of schooling without sacrificing anything.
- Evolution: The introduction of online study has irrevocably altered the look of the educational system. Students and teachers that participate in online learning have been forced to abandon the outdated chalk-and-board method in favor of the modern one. Everyone is excited about this development since it will extend their horizons of knowledge and end the long-term pattern of stagnancy. Everything in the educational system has changed as a result of this revolution, including teachers, students, and technological advancements.
- Innovative and interactive teaching techniques: It is common knowledge that young children have very short attention spans, thus teachers employ these techniques to capture their interest. In order to keep the young minds interested, teachers combine games, polls, interactive sessions, stories, and many other techniques, which results in a very effective type of learning. When such a strategy is used, it not only keeps students interested but also helps them comprehend concepts more clearly and effectively.
- Relaxant: The ongoing pandemic has been difficult, particularly for children. The online study helps students in this scenario because it allows them to at least interact digitally with their peers and friends. Because they can communicate with other children, online learning is a great way to relieve tension.
- Attendance: is believed to be easier for online classrooms than for traditional classes for a variety of reasons. Because you don’t have to commute, leave your house, or put on a uniform to attend online classes, attendance rates are kept high.